dinsdag 30 november 2010

Holidays?

Yesterday I decided it would be better if I think of my final two weeks here as 'holidays'. (Because if I don't I'll feel that much more bored, unfortunately.)

Last week we went to Doron's sports awards and his valedictory service. It's summer holidays for Doron now! (He has made lots of arrangements so he isn't actually home most of the time.)

I also went to my last write in of the year; not a lot of writing happened but we did meet a new girl (she managed to talk without a break for 2 1/2 hours straight. Amazing.) On Sunday we had Joshua's birthday party (soccer party + art ... it was kind of boring, to be honest... I have pictures but not with me in them so I won't bother posting those...)

Yesterday I went to Jenny to grab some books to read (she has an amazing collection). I couldn't choose so I took 7(!) books... now, I'm not going to finish reading all of them, I'm sure... but at least it gives me something to do when I'm incredibly bored.
I also got this wonderful headache yesterday night - it was still there when I woke up this morning. The joy. Anyway, it seems to be gone now (Panadol did the trick) but I really hope it won't come back! Ugh.

This week I have several more 'events' planned; tomorrow evening is Ariella's valedictory (some schools start high school in grade seven, others in grade eight... So even though the kids aren't the same age they're both leaving primary school this year.) Friday is the Japari staff lunch (and my final goodbye to the awesome Japari people :(). Then on Sunday it's the 'TGIO' (Thank God It's Over) party for Nano... and ... that's it. No plans as of yet for next week, but I'm sure things will come up - they always do.

I can't wait for the flight (even if I wouldn't actually go home - I just love flying!) and I can't wait to see my parents and sister again. It's been long enough now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten