donderdag 12 augustus 2010

Class of the 80s.


(And a reflection on the coffee drinking habits of South Africa.)

On Sunday the 8th of August I went to the Barnyard Theatre (Fourways) to see 'The Class of the 80s'. Not exactly a musical, not exactly a concert, it was a fun show with 80s music. The Barnyard is not just venue – it's a concept. (According to my uncle.) You take your own food – it's like an indoor picnic with live music. The show didn't have much of a story, which was a bit of a disappointment to me. I didn't know most of the songs so it was a bit boring at times, but the singers/dancers were great. Oh and I had some real coffee, too! At 'home' I only get instant coffee – the coffee situation in South Africa is similar to that in the UK. Most people prefer tea or cold drinks, and if they have coffee it's the instant stuff. Dutch coffee-drinkers are spoiled! The coffee was a very nice bonus.



Tomorrow is Women's day – a public holiday here in South Africa.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten